Carver Lions Scholarships
The Carver Lions support a wide variety of local, national and international causes, including the support of educational excellence. We believe that well-educated citizens strengthen our communities and improve our nation. Our commitment to educational excellence is another way we live out our motto, “We Serve.”
For 2016 we are planning to award one $1000 scholarship for a current high school student and one $1000 scholarships to a student enrolled in a post high school program in 2016. Scholarships are to be used for post high school education in the 2016-2017 school year. Priority will be given to those who have not previously been awarded a Carver Lions Scholarship, but previous winners may be considered. Qualifying applicants will need to meet the requirements listed below. Applications are due by February 29, 2016. Applications should be emailed to Jimweygand@aol.com or mailed to
209 Carver Creek Place
Carver, MN 55315
Qualified Applicants Will:
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0, verified through transcript or equivalent.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to service to others and leadership in the community, verified in their essay and letters of recommendation.
- Submit two letters of recommendations from non-family members. The emphasis of the letters should be on the applicant’s commitment to service and leadership in their community.
- Live within or attend the Eastern Carver County School District, or the child or grandchild of a Carver Lion.
- Write a 250-500 word essay that should focus on the importance of service to others in the community, as well as highlight the applicant’s own commitment to service. Other information and essay content is at the discretion of the applicant.
- Will be attending a post-secondary school (which may include two or four-year college/university; trade school, vocational school, institutes of technology
Please contact Jim Weygand at 612-802-5307 or email@example.com with questions.